Fried Chicken that is crispy on the outside, soft and juicy on the inside.
I knew I had you with the title of this chicken fry –Crispy and Juicy Fried Chicken– who in the right mind would resist that? This chicken fry tasted every bit as good as it looked, and even the son who says he doesn’t eat chicken (chicken nuggets and sausages don’t count!) demolished the tender flesh leaving behind only a stripped bone as proof of the deliciousness it was.
Recipe adapted from Foody Buddy (on Asianet)
Fried Chicken that is crispy on the outside, soft and juicy on the inside. I knew I had you with the title of this chicken fry -Crispy and Juicy Fried Chicken- who in the right mind would resist that? This chicken fry tasted every bit as good as it looked, and even the son who says he doesn’t eat ch
4 Chicken drumsticks ,
1 1/2 tablespoons Ginger paste ,
1 1/2 tablespoons Garlic paste ,
1 tablespoon Red chili powder ,
to taste Salt ,
2) For marinade:
1 Egg ,
2 teaspoons Red chili powder ,
2 teaspoons Coriander leaves ,
1 1/2 teaspoons Ginger paste ,
1 1/2 teaspoons Garlic paste ,
5 Shallots ,
to taste Salt ,
3) To Deep Fry
1/2 cup Plain flour ,
Sunflower oil or any other refined vegetable oil
- Make incisions into the chicken legs using a sharp knife.
- To make the chicken soft, mix the drumsticks with the ingredients listed in section (1) and cover with lukewarm water. Let it rest for 2 hours.
- Take the chicken out of water, pat dry. Grind the shallots and mix with all other ingredients labeled (2) to make a thick marinade. Rub the marinade all over the chicken and into the slits made in the chicken flesh. Let it rest for another 15 minutes.
- Put the plain flour on a plate. Roll the chicken in the plain flour so it is well coated.
- Heat oil in a frying pan. Fry the chicken over low heat till cooked through. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain excess oil on absorbent paper.
- Serve with lemon wedges and slices of onions.