Crispy baked chicken wings tossed in a hot and sweet honey, sriracha sauce with ginger, garlic and cumin.
I have taken another long break from blogging. But for once, it was not because I was lazy, but because I was super busy, with work…and baking as well. Crl’s son’s school was hosting a Diwali Mela, and we decided to put up a cake stall. It was the perfect excuse for us to experiment with recipes, browse through baking videos and recipe books, shop for baking supplies, and most importantly, taste all the finished goodies. I’m sure I gained atleast a kg over this period!
We finally decided on vanilla and chocolate cupcakes with vanilla and chocolate butter cream, chocolate mousse cakes, strawberry and vanilla cream with meringue, banana and oatmeal cupcakes, and tea cakes. Nothing way out of the regular, but the target audience was kids, and they obviously went berserk over the cupcakes. They got their chance to apply the frosting themselves and do wild and crazy stuff with sprinkles. Needless to say, the cupcakes sold like , em, hotcakes?
The whole affair was enjoyable, but in the meantime, I missed blogging and blog hopping. So here I am!
I had a hangover from all the sugar, and I was in desperate need of something hot and spicy. Thus the hot, fiery, sticky sriracha chicken wings with honey! With the party season unfurling quickly, this is just the recipe you need in your repertoire.
Crispy baked chicken wings tossed in a hot and sweet honey, sriracha sauce with ginger, garlic and cumin. I have taken another long break from blogging. But for once, it was not because I was lazy, but because I was super busy, with work…and baking as well. Crl’s son’s school was hosting a Diwali
To marinate chicken
For Honey Sriracha Sauce
- Beat egg white with a fork. Mix in baking powder, ginger garlic paste, salt and pepper. Toss in chicken wings. Refrigerate the wings overnight or for atleast an hour.
- Smear or spray some cooking oil on baking tray. Arrange the chicken wings on the baking tray and bake at 200C for 45 minutes.
- While chicken is cooking, prepare sauce.
- Grind shallots and cumin seeds into a smooth paste. Heat butter in non stick pan. Pour in ground shallots and ginger garlic paste and saute till golden brown. Mix in sriracha sauce, tomato sauce, soy sauce, honey and bring to boil. Squeeze in lemon juice, adjust seasoning.
- Toss the crispy chicken wings in the sauce, making sure they are coated well.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds, drizzle some more lemon and enjoy!